Tuesday, December 12, 2006

So after our soccer tournament on Sunday there is all this talk about a new futból cancha behind our house. So the men of the community, Mirtala and I went to seek it out. As the men with their let´s get down to business faces on talk to me about the cancha, Mirtala decides that this is the perfect time to talk to me about the seven gorgeous white birds in the tree. She talks about their bodies, their elegance on the branches, the fact that there is a gaggle of them, and then she tells me that they would make a great soup. I do not know what I would do without this woman in my life. She puts everything in perspective as bizaare as that might seem. She is absolutely beautiful inside and out. Here are some pictures of the woman that makes me feel at home everyday. The second one is my favorite as well as hers.






Anyway, so I have been keeping very busy. I am working with the ADESCO: the local community grovernment that is in the process of legalization. Also I am trying to help organize sports teams as well as an environmental group for adolecents. I get up everyday and, especially on the days I run, look out at this beautiful view and wonder how anyone could just throw trash on the ground. Therefore, with a group of adolecents I want to start a garbage campaign and recycling project, but I guess we will see how that goes. Vamos a ver. Anyway I have also added some photos of the little girl Diana that lives next door and the group of chicken that mama Mirtala has. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home