Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I finally had my first quinceañera experience this Sunday. It was much more than I had expected. It was very different than MTV’s version of “My Quinceañera.” Through this experience I learned it really is glorious to turn fifteen in this culture. While my fifteenth birthday was very lovely with a small gathering of my friends and parents, I don’t remember feeling like I had just become a woman. Actually I can not remember one day in particular when I became a woman, I may still be waiting for that day to come. The quinceañera princess’s name is Evelyn. Evelyn is a girl that I have gotten to know very well, she has become a good friend. So when she and her mother accosted me to take photos of the special day I was more than happy to record her day of becoming a woman. Becoming a woman in this culture is awesome it is like having a wedding but only for yourself. There is no one that you have to share the attention with: it really is all about you and your journey in a new phase of life. I have taken various photos of the birthday girl and her special day. The pictures speak for themselves. Enjoy!











1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Yay! I'm so glad you posted again. As always, I love the pics. Glad to hear you're doing well :)

xoxoxoxoxox
Your forever faithful reader,
gina

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home